Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Birthday Weekend

Seth and Noah turned 8 on Friday!  It is scary how fast those 8 years went by.  Our weekend was insanely busy because Noah had 3 performances in Elf The Musical over 2 days, but we still took a little bit of time to celebrate their birthday.

The boys took treats for their friends to school on Friday and then Friday night Noah had his first performance.  Grandma and Grandpa came for the weekend and Noah was really excited that they were able to see the show. Noah was part of the elementary chorus.  They came out 4 different times during the performance to sing along with the cast.  Noah said that his favorite part was the beginning... the elementary chorus entered from the back and walked down the aisles dressed as elves.  They stopped, lined the aisles, sang and did some of their dance before moving to the stage.  They all did so good.  Seth was nervous for Noah and was excited for his brother when he saw him.

Chris snapped a picture of an elf meeting (creepily through a window) before the first performance.

This picture is from the 1st show.  Noah is in the front row on the risers.  He was directing traffic, telling kids to hurry up.  If you see a kid with his arm stretched out with a look on his face like 'hurry up'.  That's Noah.

At the curtain call...  Noah is in the front row, gray jacket and red shirt.  

With Grandma and Grandpa after the first performance.  He looks so happy!

Noah had one show and Friday and two on Saturday.  He also had rehearsal every night the week before.  He loved every minute of it.  He said he was nervous, but overall he enjoyed the process and honestly, that surprised me.  He wants to do more.

I took the 'big camera' to the 2nd performance because I knew where he was going to be during each part and thought I could get better pictures.  I should have checked the battery before leaving the house.  We got there and it was dead.  No decent pictures.  I didn't even get a good one of him in his elf costume!

Saturday morning before Noah had to be at the school, we stole away for a couple of hours to celebrate their birthday.  We went to a bowling alley in Holland that also had an arcade and laser tag.  It was so much fun!  We had our pictures taken prior to the start of the game and between each turn, they had hilarious animations with our faces.  It made us laugh the whole time.

I realized that the boys have gone bowling for half of their birthdays.  Hmm....

Thanks Uncle Mike, Auntie Liza, Savannah and Declan!

There was no shortage of silly pictures this weekend.  Seth in blue, Noah in gray.

Noah took this one of us.  Afterall, November 20th is our anniversary, too!


We ALL played laser tag.  The boys wanted to be on a team with me, so the three of us were the red team and Ron, Jan and Chris were the green team.  We lost the game (and Jan's gun didn't even work!), but we all had fun.

Grandma showing the boys how to shoot the gun.

After a quick lunch, we came home for some birthday cake.  This is the first year I actually made a cake for them.  I am excellent at ordering awesome cakes.  Not so excellent at making awesome cakes.  Since our time was limited and they didn't really have a party, I decided to make a cake and the boys were VERY specific about what they wanted.  They wanted lots of layers with both chocolate and white cake.  They also wanted chocolate frosting in-between (but NO filling.  Seth was very clear about that) and white frosting on top.  They also wanted M&Ms all over the top.

Good thing the boys are super cute, because this cake was a mess! A little lopsided and not straight on the plate and overloaded with M&Ms and candles.  Luckily, they loved it.

When we cut into it, they were excited to see that there were M&Ms inside the cake, too.  After they noticed that, I was declared 'The best mommy in the world!'.  I'm sure my sash and tiara are in the mail.

As I've mentioned several times already, the weekend was crazy and the boys didn't get the kind of party they wanted, so we looked for little ways to make it extra special....like not just using any M&M, we got personalized M&Ms!

They boys didn't seem disappointed in the weekend.  They said they had a lot of fun and I know the rest of us did, too.  I'm glad that they go with the flow so easily (well, most of the time).  I still can't wrap my brain around that they are 8.  They are growing into such awesome little guys....so full of personality.  They are also sweet and funny with a dash of naughty.  Just perfect.

-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.