Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Field Trip, Road Trip and Soccer!

The school year is winding down!  Soccer is done and the boys are getting antsy for summer.

I went with the boys on their field trip to the recycling center and landfill (exciting stuff!).

I asked for a nice picture.  This is what I got.  Stinkers.

Seth left, Noah right

Noah with his amazing teach, Mrs. Chambers

I rode the bus with the kids.  It's been a while since I've done that.  It's much louder than I remember.

The boys' friend photobombing is too cute.

The recycling center was really interesting.  We all learned so much.  The landfill was interesting, too, but it was 85 degrees that day.  Yuck.

After the recycling center and landfill, the kids went to a park to eat lunch and play.  Instead of tables, the boys found a tree to perch in to eat.  It wasn't long before 5 or 6 other kids joined them (mostly girls!).

Sweaty Seth and his also amazing teacher, Mrs. King.

Seth's Class

Noah's Class

Over Memorial weekend, Chris took the boys to visit Grandma, Grandpa and Great Grandma.  I had a work commitment and couldn't tag along, so it was a boys trip.

Seth, Great Grandma and Noah

Seth found his coffee shop!

I apparently missed out on a lot of fun.  They even got some fowling in.

Seth

Noah



They seriously look too old in these pictures.

Seth

Noah

Soccer season is over!  The boys had a blast, did well and overall had a great experience.  We took the 'big' camera to a couple of games.  We ended up with too many pictures and now I'm going to post too many pictures because I was not very good at narrowing them down.


See Noah's foot?  See the ball?  A swing and a miss...

We took Brody to a game.  He was sooo happy.  He thought everyone was there to pet him.

Noah

Seth

This was BEFORE the game even started.

When Seth was goalie, every time he went to kick the ball everyone yelled 'Move back, he's got a leg!'.   He could kick it pretty far.  You could tell he was proud of himself.


Gah!  These two!!
Noah left, Seth right

Some Randomness....

We had some one-on-one time with the boys.  Chris took Noah to Craig's Cruisers and I took Seth to lunch and a movie.  They are so cute.

Chris got really great pictures of his time with Noah.  I got one picture of Seth that he didn't want to take in front of cardboard cutouts of a movie we didn't see.  I'm awesome.

This picture was taken after soccer practice.  The boys were telling me that they didn't need to take showers when they got home.  They gave themselves mohawks because they were so sweaty, yet they maintained that they were clean.  Boys are gross.  I won.


Summertime, ice cream time.
Seth left, Noah right

Seth & Noahisms:

  • Noah announced to us that all of his buddies (stuffed animals) have the last name of Solo.
  • Seth's observation:  'I go to sleep better when my pillow is cold.  Daddy likes a cool pillow, too.  That's pretty much the only thing we have in common'.
  • Seth argued with me that Nutter Butter cookies are not dessert.  He said that they were more like peanut butter crackers and was mad that I wouldn't let him have dessert after.
  • Overheard: Noah - 'Everyday I get a little more fat.  Just a teensy bit more round right here (pointing to his stomach)'.  Seth: Do you work out?  If you work out more days a week, you won't get round.
  • When the boys got home from their road trip, I asked them if they had fun.  Noah said that it was REALLY fun.  Seth said that it was fun, but 'The only thing that wasn't fun was that you weren't there'.  Smooth one, kid.
  • On the way home from school, out of nowhere Noah said 'Hey Mommy! Do you know of a game called truth or dare?'.  I reluctantly said yes.  He then said 'Do you know how to play?'. Ummm... of course not!
  • Noah told us 'I don't want to be president'.  When we asked him why not, he said 'You have to talk to a lot of people and answer a lot of questions' and rolled his eyes.
  • In a moment of extreme bravery, Noah actually uttered 'Don't argue with Daddy!  He's a man.  You're a girl'.  Oh no he didn't...
-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.