Earlier in the month, the boys went to Grandma and Grandpa's for the annual 'Twins Week'. They are so spoiled! We went to Gurnee, IL to meet up with them and spend time at the Bristol Renaissance Faire.
First up....dinner at Rainforest Cafe.
We all enjoy going to a Renaissance Faire, but have never been to Bristol. We decided that this was a good excuse...the boys had to meet up with Grandma and Grandpa somewhere, right?
The boys wanted to do EVERYTHING. That didn't happen, but we did let them do the kids joust.
Seth
One shop had these enormous hula hoops. They are so much fun. We got one for Jan for her birthday! I'm sure she loved it...
The mud show is always funny...
I couldn't get everyone to look at me while we were waiting for the joust.
This show was really funny, but he usually doesn't talk at all during his performance...just whistles. Apparently he was in a mood, though, and yelled at the audience. No joke, he was scolding the audience. At first, I thought it was part of the act, but it had an edge to it. One woman near us says she's seen his show several times and he has never spoken. I have no idea what ticked him off, but it actually ended up being pretty good...after he calmed down.
The boys getting ready to go off on their adventure with Grandma and Grandpa!
Seth and Noah were spoiled rotten! They went to a cabin for a few days where they swam from sun up to sun down. They played with cousins and family and overall had a fantastic time! They are still talking about it. After the cabin, they went on bike rides with Grandma and Grandpa, ate ice cream, saw a movie in dream loungers, watched old movies at home and continued to have a great time. Another Twins Week success! They are lucky little guys. Once again, they promised to call us while they were away, but couldn't be bothered because they were having too much fun. It's a good problem to have.
Grandma even let them play with her new hula hoop!
Noah
Seth
Over the weekend, we had some pretty serious storms around here, but later in the day this beautiful, double rainbow appeared.
Yesterday was somebody's birthday (psst...it was Chris). We took the boys to the Hudsonville Fair in the evening. The boys were really excited and Seth said 'Daddy must be having a really fun birthday'. For that little 8 year old, he couldn't imagine a better birthday party than going to a fair.
Seth in blue, Noah in red.
We watched a really bad magic show.
(Seth just read this as I wrote it and said 'But I liked the magic show!')
There was one trick where they supposedly sawed a girl in half. The magician said that he he wouldn't pick a kid from the audience to do it because why would anyone want two of the same kid. Seth looked at me in all seriousness and said 'But you have two of the same kid'.
They are on this ride. Trust me, you may have to squint.
High fives for a fun ride.
The birthday boy with his boys.
One last picture of randomness that doesn't really fit in the timeline, so I'm putting it last. The boys decided to mess with everyone at the Y and dress exactly alike. They also wore each other's shoes and switched back packs, lunch boxes and swim trunks. Seth has Noah's blue backpack and Noah has Seth's black backpack.
So.... Seth was still sitting next to me when I put this picture up. He pointed to Noah and said 'That's me!'. When I told him it wasn't, he said 'But I have my black backpack'. I reminded him that it was the day that they switched. Then Noah came in the room, Seth showed him the picture and asked him which one he is. Noah pointed to the wrong kid!! Switching up backpacks and shoes not only confuses the Y staff and kids, but it confuses Seth and Noah, too!
-Shelby
No comments:
Post a Comment