We were able to squeeze in a little bit more fun. Some time ago on TV, the boys saw a watermelon with a bunch of rubber bands around it explode. They've been asking to try it and since Chris and I are basically children, we gave it a go.
It worked! We have video, too. It took three large bags of rubber bands...almost every last one. At one point, I thought we were going to have to send the boys door to door asking for more rubber bands because we weren't giving up! Luckily, when it exploded, the watermelon flew straight up and then back down on the table. So, we ate it.
Labor Day weekend we took the boys to Craig's Cruisers to play some mini golf and ride go carts. Playing mini golf with the boys is fun...as long as they think they are doing well.
On Labor Day we stayed outside all day with your awesome neighbors. The boys had a little business venture that earned them about $1.25 each. They need to work on their sales strategies, though. The first car that stopped, my boys just sat there and didn't know what to do.
And then on Tuesday, our little boys started the 3rd grade. That is insane. They acted like they didn't want to go back to school, but they got up EARLY and seemed excited. They met their teachers a few days before and they both have really amazing teachers. I think it's going to be a good year.
I also got my first day of school picture. It takes bribes every time. This time I promised them that if they gave me a nice picture, I'd take them to McDonald's for breakfast before school (Seth is currently obsessed with bacon, egg and cheese biscuits). They went for it, but Noah decided last minute he just wanted to eat at home. By then it was too late and he had to take the picture.
Seth left, Noah right
This week was picture day for football. I took pictures of the boys prior to getting pictures. Department of Redundancy Department.
Noah left, Seth right
They look so old. This time, Seth is on the left.
Noah was first to get his individual picture taken. After he was finished, Seth walked up to get his taken. I was busy chatting (go figure) and when I turned around, I saw one of the photographer's assistants trying to shoo Seth away. He was trying to tell her he needed his picture taken, but she was telling him he needed to go the other way because he already had his. Ummm...I had to let her know that they took a picture of his twin, not him. It was pretty funny, even Seth thought so.
One last Seth and Noahism:
We frequently (oh so frequently) talk to the boys about when it is appropriate to be silly and when they need to keep things contained. They must be hearing us, because on the way home from school one day they started to talk about their roles in their classrooms.
Noah said 'I'm the funniest in my class, BUT at the right times.' He went on to say 'In middle school they actually have awards for class clown and stuff. I'm totally looking forward to middle school!'. Uh oh.
Seth then had to throw in his two cents worth with 'I'm funny, but not TOO silly. I don't say bad words to make people laugh'.
I don't know about these two...
-Shelby
No comments:
Post a Comment