Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Christmas!

A sneak peek into how we kept ourselves busy this month....

The boys had their school Christmas program.  They did a great job!  They practiced their songs at home and knew all of the words.

Since it's almost impossible to get a good picture of them during the program, all we asked for was a quick picture after the program and for them to give us 'nice smiles'.

This one was better.

The boys visited with Santa.  Santa made a point to tell me how cute they are.  Of course, I agreed.

I went to Seth's Christmas party at school the last day before Christmas break.  This is the only picture I got!  The kids were trying to see how many snowmen they could make with marshmallows in a minute.  I thought they should lick them to make them stick, but my filter was working that day and I kept that little tip to myself.  I didn't think the teacher would appreciate it.

The first day of break, we had our superfun neighbors over.  Brayden, Landon, Seth & Noah made graham cracker houses and Ellen and I made cookies.  It was the perfect way to start off break.  Ellen and I also discovered that a graham cracker smeared with vanilla frosting is pretty darn delicious.

The boys wanted to get as much candy on and in their houses as possible...so they could eat it later.  Noah's was HEAVY.

Grandma and Grandpa came for Christmas!!  We all went to DeVos to see Cirque De Noel.  They had this cute photo op before going in.  Grandpa had wandered away, so it was just the 4 of us for the picture.

The show was great, but it started at 8:00.  Both boys were asleep before the end.

Christmas Eve we made cookies for Santa (and for us...mostly for us).

The Packers played on Christmas Eve!

Rudolph Christmas pajamas complete with noses.
Noah left, Seth right

The boys wanted to give Santa options on Christmas Eve.  To drink, they left him eggnog (in a Chewie cup), Kickstart, Coke and a beer.  For snacks, they left him several different kinds of cookies and some extra toasty Cheez-Its.  Santa left them a note and told them that he liked the eggnog and beer the best.  He also took the Kickstart with him because he thought he would need the energy boost later.

Even though they could easily read it, Daddy still read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas' to them before bed.

Santa came!  They must have been good...

Brody wasn't forgotten!  He got a new toy and some pig ears.

The boys received several new games and we tried all of them, including Moustache Smash.

Many football cards were examined and traded. 
(I feel like every picture I have in the living room has a Brody bone or two.  It's crazy because he doesn't chew on them, just carries them around).

I received this game.  I laughed so hard, tears were coming down my face when we played!  I feel like I should brush and floss before playing, but it was fun.  If you come over to our house, be prepared to play.

We had such a wonderful Christmas, I hope you did, too...

-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.