Thursday, October 5, 2017

Great Grandma's 90th Birthday Celebration


So this is going to be a longer post than usual. Lots to catch up on since last time. Football has officially started and the kids are adjusting the busier schedule of school, football, etc.  

Grandma and Grandpa Jenkins visited to attend the kids first football game of the year. The boys are playing tight end and defensive end. They are really enjoying it so far even with the bumps and bruises.  Of course their first game also preceded the first Packer game of the year.

After that visit we went to Wisconsin to celebrate Grandma's 90th birthday. It was great to see her again along with the whole family. I miss hanging out with all of the cousins and family that we don't see very often. And Seth and Noah got to play with Declan and Savannah which doesn't happen nearly enough! They have grown so much. Shelby won the weekend because Declan had to sit in her lap all weekend. I didn't get as much attention unless I was willing to get beat up on the floor. That's what uncles are for I guess. However, I did get awesome hugs from them both

As for the party, the turnout was great.  I cannot believe how this Behling side of the family has grown.  Lots of good kids with lots of proud parents.  I tried to get as many pictures as I could but I was too busy trying to say hi to everyone.  Here a just some of the pictures we took.

Boys football practice.  It rained, and then the sun came out and then it rained some more until it finally passed and left us this rainbow. ("what does it mean...almost a triple rainbow")

As I mentioned earlier, with the busier schedule comes more tired bodies and emotional states. Seth threw a fit and I decided to let him calm down on his own. He apparently put himself in a corner in his room to calm down. Stubborn kid still was upset even after he woke up when I carried him to bed.

The first football game was against Grandville.  They won!  Go Eagles!

Grandma and Seth spent some time fishing on the dock. Seth has spent most of the past few weeks fishing. He'd spend all day in the paddleboat if we let him.



So instead of driving to Great Grandma's birthday party the day before, Shelby and I took in a concert.  Way more fun than driving through Chicago on a Friday night.

We made it Grandma's just in time for lunch. Let the craziness begin.



The beautiful birthday girl!  Happy birthday Great Grandma!


So there were four generations there. This is Grandma with the third generation. The most well behaved group of the bunch if I do say.

This is the fouth generation. Good bunch of kids. Not as good as three but close.

Here is the second generation.  This one is not nearly as good.

See what I mean.

Grandma with some of the newest great grandchildren.


Logan and Shelby crashed my picture with Grandma. I'm not too bummed because the look on their face cracks me up.

Uncle Mike and Auntie Liza.


Logan's a good kid.



It was my challenge to make Morgan smile.  He did shortly after, but just not for the camera.


Everytime we sat down to eat Declan wanted to sit on Shelby's lap.  Love these two!

Savannah was upset that at the start of the party it was all boys...no girls to play with.  She let me know about it.  I gave her my phone to take pictures. Once some girls showed up she got so excited and brought me my phone back.


Uncle Bill












So on Sunday, without prior planning, we found out that many boys were all wearing Aaron Rodgers jerseys. It warrants a picture.






Just a little time to kill before the cousins had to take off.  A little DoggyDoggyWhere'sMyBone to channel the crazy energy.

So for the second time this summer, we took the SS Badger. We love it.  


This was the biggest haul we have ever received playing Bingo on the Badger.  We all won, but Noah took home most of it winning Blackout Bingo.


I still cannot believe we crammed so much into the past few weeks.  We even took a trip to Fright Fest after this. It was so great to see everyone at Grandma's party and I hope we find a reason to get the whole family together again soon.

- Chris




No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.