Sunday, October 29, 2017

October!

So, this blog post isn't just about October, a little September, too!  We went to Fright Fest at Six Flags in Gurnee at the very end of September, but in true Jenkins fashion, the weekend couldn't go as expected. 

The night before we went to Six Flags there were some 'shenanigans' and decently split lip.  Something about Seth's face hitting Noah's head.  The cut was good enough that we went to the emergency room to make sure stitches weren't needed.  Seth cared about 3 things...1. He did NOT want stitches.  2.  He wanted to still be able to go and ride roller coasters.  3.  He wanted a slushy.  He got all 3!  Luckily, no stitches were needed, roller coasters were given the OK and he mastered holding an ice pack to his face while drinking a slushy.  The most traumatizing moment was the epic brain freeze he got from the slushy.

We had so much fun together going to Six Flags this summer, we wanted to squeeze in one more trip.  Fright Fest sounded like a good idea to all of us.  We were blessed with a gorgeous day!

Chris and Seth rode The Joker first.  While Noah and I liked it on our first trip, we didn't really feel the need to do it again.

Seth had a seriously fat lip for a couple of days.  

I posted this pic because Noah is cute, also...that guy's t-shirt made us laugh.

Us on Raging Bull!  Hilarious, but look at Seth on the far right.  His hair is defying gravity because it's not blowing in the wind...and that face.  We were on a steep downhill of that roller coaster, you would never know it by looking at him.


Football season is officially over and it was a GREAT season!  It really was remarkable the difference between last year and this year.  They had a terrific group of coaches who were dedicated to teaching and growing each player.  They learned so much and had a great time. 

They look too old in these pictures
Seth left, Noah right

We took the 'big' camera to their last game.

Every other game, 3 boys went out as captains for the coin toss.  For the last game, the entire team walked onto the field holding hands.  

Seth

Noah

Other Randomness...

Seth told me I was smart.  I told him that he wouldn't always think that and he said that he would, so....  I made him write me a contract.  I'm keeping it forever.

The boys got their flu shots like champs.  I also promised them milkshakes...

And last, but certainly not least.  Their 4th grade school pictures.  Seth is on the left, Noah is on the right.  I think these pictures capture them and hints of their personalities perfectly.

-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.