Sunday, November 12, 2017

Halloween 2017

Halloween 2017 was a cold and damp one!  That did not stop the boys from trick-or-treating for a solid 2 hours.

A few days before Halloween, Seth went with me to get my nails done and asked if he could get his painted for Halloween.  I said yes and he was thrilled with the results.  He said he got some mixed reactions from his classmates, but he liked them and that was all that mattered!


Pumpkins were gutted and carved.  For the first time, Noah wanted to carve a pumpkin from a pattern and he did a  GREAT job!  It took a lot of patience and time, but he didn't complain once.

The finished products!  Pumpkins from left to right...  Noah, mine, Seth and Chris.  Chris used a drill, so we teased him mercilessly about cheating.

It was my year to go to Seth's Halloween party.  As they get older, there is less for me to do and I actually asked Seth if he even wanted me to go.  He said 'Of course you're going to go!'. 

Is Seth smiling?  No one will ever know.

The class danced to Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' and they all had such a good time.  I really wanted to dance along.  I know that embarrassing my kid is one of my primary responsibilities as a parent, but I thought that might be over the line.

They played a guessing game where Seth had to guess the word that he was holding against his foreheard.  He got 'graveyard'.  Let me tell you this...4th graders cheat.

All of our pumpkins on Halloween!  Some of them were carved into craft pumpkins that we put out every year.  We did NOT carve that many this year!

Seth on the left, Noah on the right.
Seth and Noah both had been talking about wanting to wear morph suits for Halloween for the last several months.  Seth stuck to it.  Noah changed his mind after he saw Seth try his on!  Ha!  Noah went for 'ghastly ghoul'.

So much candy!  I feel like we're going to roll from Halloween candy to Christmas candy with no break in candy supply.

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.