To celebrate the boys turning 10, they had a few friends over on Saturday for a little party. There was a lot of pizza, cake and ice cream eaten as well as rough housing and video game playing.
Chris was the activities director and he did an amazing job. I'm going to hire him out.
There was a foosball tournament...
The boys were great taking turns playing Madden.
This year it was Noah's turn to have Happy Birthday sung to him first.
Seth's turn!
Kids get soooo close to other kids are opening presents. Their friends were so thoughtful and generous with their gift choices.
Some how a massive arm wresting tournament broke out on the living room floor.
The activities director helped the boys make marshmallow catapults. We are still finding random marshmallows around the house.
A really great group of boys. It sure was loud when they were all here, but they were respectful and well-behaved. From what I hear, everyone had fun....especially the birthday boys!
We liked this picture so much, we printed several out and the boys sent one with each thank you card.
On Monday, it happened. 10! I told them that they weren't actually going to turn 10 until 11:19 pm and 11:49 pm. I told them that they were going to go to bed as 9 year olds and wake up as 9 year olds. They were in on the joke and when I saw them Monday morning I asked them how old they were and they both said 9! Ha.
Dad and Judy came into town on Monday, so we all went out to eat at Salt and Pepper in Holland (the boy's choice). Earlier in the day, they saw presents in the office. We told them they were our anniversary presents and after dinner we'd come home and they could watch us open them. Not true and I don't think they believed us! Thank you to our sweet families for the awesome gifts.
It was a birthday to remember. I hope they feel special and loved because they most certainly are.
-Shelby

No comments:
Post a Comment