Friday, December 22, 2017

Almost Christmas

Christmas is a few days away and we are ready!

The boys had their Christmas program at school and it was the best one yet.  It was obvious that the kids and their music teacher put a lot of heart and hard work into all of their songs.  The entire 4th grade played their recorders to Little Drummer Boy and it was surprisingly good!

Noah left, Seth right

They ended the program with the 4th and 5th graders in the dark with only flashlights and an instrumental version of Silent Night.  They moved the flashlights to the music.  Never did I think I would get goosebumps at an elementary school Christmas program, but I did and I know many others did, too.

The boys went to see Santa and I feel like it is for the last time.  Seth was on board and was excited to go, Noah was firm in his intent to NOT visit Santa.  His reasoning?  It's not the real Santa and he didn't see any point in it.  Chris told Noah he'd buy him candy and that was all it took to bribe him.  I'm sad that this is likely the last year, but it has been so much fun while it lasted.


Ever since Seth got his fingernails painted for Halloween, Noah said he wanted his done for Christmas.  So....he did.

This week at Seth's class presented a Reader's Theater.  The kids read/acted out several things.  Seth particpated in a scene from Polar Express and the flagpole scene from A Christmas Story.  Seth was Flick and acted out getting his tongue stuck to the flagpole.  That boys was super geeked about getting to do it.  It was hilarious and he did a great job!  The whole class did.

Yesterday, I went to Noah's class to help build gingerbread houses.  Well, they weren't gingerbread, they were graham crackers and I wasn't much help.  Fourth graders are just so darn independent.  Noah did say to me 'Mommy, you don't have to talk every second of the party'.  Ummm....I don't?  In the end, Noah was glad I was there and even gave me several big hugs before I left.  His house turned out really cute, too.

 And lastly....

It's been a little snowy around here and a while back, Chris took the boys sledding.  He took some great pictures:

Seth

 Noah

Merry Christmas!

-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.