Thursday, December 28, 2017

Merry Christmas

So Christmas came and went. We ended up with a very white Christmas after all.  It started snowing Christmas eve and didn't stop for several days (roughly 11" in 2-3 days).  The new snowblower (the unwanted early Christmas present) is now broken in.  Is it time for Easter yet?

Grandma and Grandpa came to visit for Christmas again this year. Of course the Jenkins would go bowling together.  I bet Grandpa 10c a pin on the last game of bowling. I won in dramatic fashion, having to throw 5 strikes in a row in the end to beat him (by 1 pin). What can I buy for $.10?

We went out looking at Christmas lights on Saturday night and found some good ones. One of our favorites had a house across from it that had a sign with an arrow that said "Ditto."  Classic.

On Sunday we all went together to see Star Wars: The Last Jedi. After the movie we had to stop at A&W. Noah and Grandpa had a root beer float riding on the Michigan vs Wisconsin game a few weeks back. Wisconsin won so Noah had to buy Grandpa a root beer float.

On Christmas eve, we decorated cookies and the boys painted some wooden Nutcracker figures.  They put out the usual drinks for Santa; egg nog, beer, soda, energy drink.  I'm pretty sure Santa shared with his reindeer because if one person drank all 4 I highly doubt they would make it to the next house. The boys were allows to each open a present on Christmas eve.  They chose to open the presents they gave each other. Of course they gave each other Nerf guns. Twins...

Santa came and the boys were up early but were quiet and patient and waited for everyone to get up and around. Seth played Santa and handed out the presents. One present they really enjoyed was from Uncle Bub and Elmo.  It was  a box of fake vomit, prank gum, prank snakes and cockroaches, remote control spider, book of pranks, etc... It's now a forgone conclusion that the boys will be suspended from school in January at some point. We all fell victim to the prank gum on Christmas.

We bought the boys' new tackle boxes for Christmas with some fishing gear. Now we just have to wait for the snow to go away.  I would be okay if I didn't have to use the snowblower again this winter.  Really I would.  Spring is when again?

It is now tradition to have the tree down on Christmas day. I joked with the kids while they were opening presents to pick up the pace because the tree needed to come down.  It was said to be funny and meant to be funny.  But for the record, it was down by Christmas dinner.


Noah and Grandpa

Noah buying Grandpa a Root Beer Float 











Seth excited about his new underwear.



Grandma and Grandpa had some fun with the kids.  They left their football tee in Wisconsin.  They boxed it up and gave it back to them as a Christmas present...from Aaron Rodgers.

Seth with the Football tee...from Aaron Rodgers.



The boys got Gas Out for Christmas and we all played together.



-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.