It took some convincing, but the boys came home with us from Missouri. A couple of weeks ago, Chris took the boys to meet up with Dad and Judy and they took them for some fun family time. Chris and I went last week to spend some time and bring them home.
I hope Seth and Noah realize how incredibly lucky and loved they are to have so many people vying for their time and spoiling them rotten! When Chris and I arrived, we were informed by them that they were staying. I asked them if they would miss us....Seth said that we could move to Missouri, too! Noah, however, said that he would write letters and FaceTime. He was perfectly content with the arrangement.
Chris met Dad and Judy in Springfield, IL. I wasn't able to go, but he did take a squinty-eyed picture before they left. (For those wondering, Chris and I did NOT take full advantage of our kid-free time. We filled that time with working too much and building a fire pit. We need a do-over).
We received some pictures to show us how much fun they were having. Dad and Judy took the boys to the catfish pond and they had some success!
When they took the party over to Bub and Mindy's, the spoiling continued. Again, we got some pictures that made us jealous.
They saw a movie outside...
...and participated in Step Up for Down Syndrome supporting team Rockin' Riley! Thank you for sending pictures, Mindy. I'm so sad we missed it!
When I got this picture, Mindy told me they were on their 4th or 5th s'more. Spoiled, but loving it!
They loved Gavynn's hammock, even though they hammocked wrong.
They also went to Wonders of Wildlife.
Last weekend, Chris and I slowly made our way to pick them up. We stopped at the arch in St. Louis for a few pictures. A storm was rolling in, which made for some great shots.
We also stopped by Six Flags because we have trouble saying no to roller coasters.
We went for a hike at the Rockwood conservation area. I use the term 'hike' only because the sign said it was a hiking trail. I had on flip flops, so I don't think that can technically be considered a hike. I guess it would be more accurate to say we meandered on a trail.
We also made a stop in Uranus, MO for some fudge and unique photo ops. That place makes me belly laugh every time. We are so immature.
We finally arrived at my brother's and discovered that it was 1 million degrees in SW MO (only exaggerating slightly).
Bub and Mindy's good friends have a pond that is great for swimming.
Noah
The boys would climb in the boat, paddle out and then take turns jumping off of it.
They also liked to chase Gavynn.
Aunt Ninnie came over for some batting practice and to watch some basketball.
The Rae's. Gavynn Rae, Shelby Rae, Brenda Rae.
Chris and I took Riley, Seth and Noah to Dad and Judy's to hang out.
Chris talked me into a picture with Dad and I'm so glad he did. I have the best dad. He really is the greatest. We don't get to spend near enough time together.
We did a little tour of a couple of cemeteries and then went to Vera Cruz (and the best swimming hole!) to cool off.
It was IMPOSSIBLE to get a picture of the 3 of them jumping off the rock at the same time. It was hilarious listening to them plan how they were going to do it and then watch none of them do what they said.
Noah, Riley, Seth
On our way back to Republic, Riley basically put Seth to sleep. After this picture was taken, Seth put his head on Riley's shoulder and Riley rubbed his head. The 3 of them together is really special.
One day, we left the boys with Gavynn (thanks, Gavynn!) and Bub, Mindy, Chris and I took the kayaks to float down the river. It was a perfect afternoon. So relaxing and just what we needed. Bub and I fell pretty far back, but it was good to chat.
Other randomness...
There was a ping pong tournament, that I don't think was ever finished. Seth made the bracket and it was interesting, to say the least. That's what happens when you leave it to a 10 year old to make a bracket.
Mindy and Seth vs. Chris and Noah
We hear this is where the boys (including my brother) slept most of the time they were at Bub and Mindy's.
The boys are in full 'we want a dog' mode after spending time with Buddy and Pi.
Seth enjoyed picking vegetables from the garden (even though he won't eat them) and collecting eggs from the chicken coop. He wanted to bring a chicken home with him. I said no, even though he assured me he would hold it and it would be still for the entire drive home.
Trampoline + sprinkler + pool noodles as weapons = hours of entertainment.
Chris took the camera and all of the lenses and is continuing his streak of gorgeous pictures.
Bub and Mindy let the boys ride Gavynn's dirt bike and they loved it. They never got out of first gear and I am A-OK with that. They are already looking forward to next year because they say they are actually going to put it into 2nd gear.
Seth
Noah
Bub and Mindy have a beautiful field of sunflowers. Bub made sure we went and got some pictures as family with them. Last year we forgot and we didn't want to again this year.
Our last night there, they hosted the big H&H Fireworks Extravaganza! Bub and Mindy and their friends, the Hamiltons, never disappoint. My brother puts on an amazing fireworks show! It really is that impressive.
The day before, Gavynn and the boys made tie-dyed t-shirts for all of us to wear. We think we all looked pretty cool.
Many selfies were taken.
Seth
Bub and I walked to the sunflowers for a special selfie (as if that amazing hat didn't make it special enough!). I not only lucked out with the best dad, but my brother puts other brothers to shame. I can tell him things I can't tell anyone else...he is the best.
This girl has my heart. The boys think Gav's pretty great, too.
They are all so darn cute! Riley got a mohawk while we were there!
Bub spent hours wiring and setting up the fireworks. It did not disappoint.
Chris took some incredible pictures! I'm blown away by how cool the pictures turned out.
-Shelby
No comments:
Post a Comment