Fall is here. Falling temperatures, falling leaves, and many many many activities. And more to go yet.
So we found a semi-decent fall day, which is rare lately, to fit in one last trip (or is it) to Six Flags for Fright Fest. The weather was nice until it wasn't. Luckily we got all of the rides in before we drove home in rain. We of course tried to pose for some coaster cameras - tried. I might have screwed up one. Oops. It was fun even if it was short. I'm glad our kids like roller coasters and we don't have to trade them in.
We were also lucky to have gotten our hands on some reasonably (thank you JW) priced tickets for a Packers-Lions game. The boys first Packer game! We arrived early to get in when the gates opened to watch warm-ups. It was really neat to be down by the field to watch. While we won't talk about the end result it was still a good time. And I will say that a certain kicker didn't miss any kicks in warm-ups so I'm not sure what happened.
The boys participated in a can drive and went walking around looking for cans to raise money for their 5th grade camp. Michigan cans have a 10 cent deposit in case you don't live here or haven't seen "The Bottle Deposit" episode on Seinfeld. I still cannot believe how many cans they came home with. It was good to see them making the effort and going out knocking on doors. Of course we signed up to take the class cans in to the store for refunds one of the days - not fun - and pretty gross. Let's just say lemons sitting in Corona bottles for over 2 weeks look and smell really terrible.
Noah had his final football game. The season is over and now moving on to swimming. The season went well for the most part. Grandma and Grandpa came for the last game but due to a schedule change and shortened game due to weather, Grandma and Shelby missed it to get Seth to swimming.
Noah played safety on defense, special teams kick off returns, wide receiver, and holder for the kicker.
Luca is settling in to her new home. We put a potty bell on the patio door and she now rings it whenever she needs to go potty. I cannot believe how well that works. Thank you Hesterlys for the suggestion. We also took Bob Barkers advice and had her spayed this last week. Welcome the "Cone of Shame". She has gotten accustomed to wearing it (better than Brody every did). She's not afraid to run into everything and everyone to get where she wants to go. The surgery only slowed her down for about 1 day unfortunately but she's been doing well regardless.
Six Flags
Seth
Seth & Noah
Noah
Seth
Shelby and Noah
Winner!
Seth
The guy in the front obviously didn't know that we were doing "thumbs up."
He chose a different finger.
Okay, it was actually my idea to do Spock hands. So I remind everyone what we are doing before the ride and somewhere on the way up I completely forgot we we doing anything. So this is me - in the moment - screwing up the picture - but it looks like Noah didn't do it either.
This time Seth decided to rogue - and Noah was covered by Kermit gloves.
An over abundance of rain results in mud.
I dropped him off at practice to run errands and came back to this.
I was not prepared and my car needed some extra assistance at home.
PACKER GAME
Noah (top) Seth (middle)
Puppy Scar Face
Overpriced drinks anyone?...yes (frowns)
Red Vine vs Twizzler Challenge
Winner = Me (I got to eat the rest of the Red Vines without sharing)
2018 School Pictures
Seth
Noah
Seth had safety on Spirit Day (day before Michigan vs Michigan St)
Turkey Trot 2018
Seth & Noah
Seth
Shelby got some fall baking in. I'm proud of her for dealing with spiders.
Fall sunsets
- Chris









No comments:
Post a Comment