Monday, October 10, 2011

Another 5K, Hike and a Birthday Party!

We had a busy weekend!  On Saturday, Chris and I ran (ha ha...makes me sound fast, it was more of jog for me) another 5K.  After the 5K, we went to Keira and Laney's 4th birthday party at the zoo.  Yesterday we took a hike to the beach.  The weather has been absolutely incredible.  I'm so glad we were able to get out and enjoy the warm weather and sunshine.  Too soon it will be cloudy and snowy.

I wanted to title this post 'The Awesome Pic That Never Was'.  We came so close to having so many amazing pictures, but they fell short.  You'll see what I mean.

Chris and the boys getting ready to run the 5K.  Chris is very nice to me...I never have to push the boys.  I think he realizes that it's enough for me to get myself across the finish line.

Seth giving Noah 'moose antlers'.  I guess rabbit ears isn't enough.

The boys were so excited to be on an actual football field.  They were pretty much giddy the whole time.

Noah was holding a pretend football for Seth to kick a field goal.

The 5K was to benefit Action for Healthy Kids, an organization that promotes healthy eating and exercise for children.  The boys participated in a fun run just for kids and there was a cow, carrot and banana to represent healthy food groups.  There was also someone dressed up as a gorilla.  I have no idea what that was about.  They helped the kids warm up prior to the run.  Have you ever seen a carrot and gorilla do 'heads, shoulders, knees and toes'?  Well, we have. 

The race was a lap around the track.  Since the boys were under 5, they had to have an adult run with them.  I don't know who ran more, Chris with the boys or me crisscrossing across the football field to get pictures.

Near the end of the race, the gorilla got a little too close, so Chris had to finish the race holding the boys' hands.

Seth and his ribbon.

Seth & Noah with the carrot.  They were too afraid to get their picture taken with the cow...

...I wasn't.

Chris decided to wear a 6 year old t-shirt to run in.  We didn't think anything about it until after the race.  Maybe this wasn't the most appropriate thing to wear to a race for kids.

We all had so much fun at Keira and Laney's birthday party!  It was held at the zoo on a gorgeous, warm fall afternoon.  Each child got a mask and fun safari hat.  There was also face painting, delicious cake, ice cream sandwiches and a few animals to pet and learn about.  The only problem with the party?  My camera died before I could get any pictures of the boys with the birthday girls.  I'm so disappointed!

Noah with his lion mask.

Seth as a cow.

This was the first time I've ever let the boys get their faces painted.  I'm not a very nice mom.

Noah's lion.

Seth loved his penguin.

The boys sat still and listened well while they talked about the rabbit, chinchilla and ferret.  Seth raised his hand to make a comment, but when they called on him, he clammed up.  He told me beforehand what he was going to say, but I guess when it came down to it he decided not to tell them that the 'chinchilla felt like applesauce'.

Yesterday we headed to the Dunes State Park in Saugatuck to take a walk through the woods to the beach.  We took Brody, which thrilled the boys.  We wore them out!  Noah declared himself 'super tired' on the walk back.

I was going for a cute picture of the two of them, but the sun was in their eyes.  Seth is on the left, Noah right.

I hope this picture embarrasses the boys some day.  At least it's just a shadow!

Seth

Uncooperative Noah

Brody was SO happy.

-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.