Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween 5K

Today we ran the Alger Heights Halloween 5K.  It was so much fun!  It's a fairly big race and most of the participants dressed in costumes.  There were so many crazy and creative costumes.  One couple was married just last night and ran the race this morning.  The bride was in her strapless wedding dress and the groom wore his suit.  The bride ran the whole way holding up the bottom of her dress!  We saw Ironman, Spriderman, Super Mario, Richard Simmons, Ron Burgandy and so many more.  Several of the participants dressed as Smurfs, but I think one of them might have been Gargamel.  I was behind a Smurf and his tail fell off!  I picked it up and handed it back to him, but it got me thinking of the Smurf's episode where Gargamel turned himself into a Smurf, but he didn't have a tail.  To fix it, he painted a pea blue and glued it to himself.  Am I the only one who remembers that episode?  Chris doesn't!  And...I just spent a huge chunk of the blog talking about it.

We went as convicts with the boys as police officers.  Noah was the most cooperative with his hat, badge and intimidating sunglasses.  Because of that, there are more pictures of him than Seth!


There was also a fun run for kids.  We seem to be going a bit downhill with these.  Chris was going to run with them, but right from the start there was a meltdown and they wanted to stop.

Having a little conversation with the boys after the race started.

I had to get involved so we could go to man-on-man defense.  Seth tried to talk me into carrying him and running.  That wasn't going to happen.  Eventually I ended up with both of them.

They mustered up the motivation to finish, so they won cute ribbons.  Seth was distracted watching the older kids run.  This was the best picture we got of him.

I threw this one in because Noah's face cracks me up.

We hope to run the Halloween 5K again next year.  It was one big party and a lot of fun.  Chris almost got into more than he bargained for with next year's race.  He jokingly told one of the organizers that they needed a double stroller division.  She agreed and then asked him to be on the planning committee for the race in 2012.  Oops!  He politely declined.

-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

home study degrees guide
Provided by home study guide.