The special days almost had to be postponed. The boys had a rough couple of days in PreK last week and we told them that if they couldn't get their behavior back in line we wouldn't be able to go. Both of their teachers knew about our plans, so they helped remind them on Friday. Thankfully we got excellent reports from Mrs. Windeler and Mrs. Crottie and were able to go as planned. Yay!
I didn't want to lug around the big camera, so all of these pictures are from my phone....
The first stop at the zoo was to get a quick picture with the John Ball statue.
We arrived just in time to see them feed the pelicans.
Noah has a penguin on his head.
He kept telling me where he wanted his picture taken. I was happy to oblige.
I'm not as good at the self-portraits as Chris is. It took a lot of tries to get the couple that actually, sorta, kinda turned out. I tried to get a picture of us with the lemur. If you look closely at the top of the picture (and squint your eyes), you can see the tail.
The new bear exhibit is open and is great! Noah loved it because the bear was very close. The sun was shining on the glass, so it was difficult to get a picture without a reflection. This one is pretty fun, though, because you can see the reflection of Noah's little face pressed up against the glass.
Beyond the reflection is a bear. Promise.
Can you spot the mountain lion?
We rode the camel!
After the zoo, we had lunch at Red Robin. Noah wanted bring in his new mountain lion buddy. I showed him this picture after I took it and he thought it was hilarious that I took a picture of his mac and cheese.
The safety of the mountain lion was of the utmost importance to Noah. We had to make sure he was buckled in next to him.
It was a great day! Noah is such a fun kid. I'm so lucky.
Can't wait to have a special day with Seth!
Yesterday, the boys turned 5 1/2. Several kids at school have summer birthdays, so they celebrate their half birthday while school is in session. The boys have been looking forward to turning 5 1/2. Over the weekend, Seth asked for the 1 millionth time when he was going to turn 5 1/2. When I told him it was only 2 days, he jumped up and down and asked 'Do we get cupcakes???'. My first thought was 'No!'. Then I thought 'Well, why not?'. They only turn 5 1/2 (and get really excited about it) once. Noah requested chocolate chip cupcakes. I think they enjoyed them! Such big boys. Can't believe they'll be 6 in less than six months.
Noah
Seth

No comments:
Post a Comment